[Lazarus] Built Lazarus on RPi2, warning on every project build

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sun Oct 11 00:20:55 CEST 2015

On 10/10/2015 03:13 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> I have successfully compiled and installed fpc and lazarus from trunk
> sources retrieved by svn on a Raspberry Pi2 unit.
> Versions are 3.1.1 and 1.5 respectively
> I can run Lazarus in the RPi2 and simple programs that I have tested
> work as expected.
> But nevertheless on every single compile there are two warnings shown:
>
> Warning: "crtbegin.o" not found, this will probably cause a linking
> failure
> Warning: "crtend.o" not found, this will probably cause a linking
> failure
>
> Why does this happen? And what can be done about it?

i cannot help with the problem but i wanted to point out that those two are "C
Run Time" and not "CRT" items... many mistake those types of names as CRT
related and go looking in that direction instead of in the "C" direction...

a possible help is that you have to tell the system where to find the C runtime
developer's library code... i don't know how this is done but the topic has been
spoken of numerous times in either the FPC or Lazarus lists... i'm sure that
others will have the real info if they haven't answered you already...