[Lazarus] *SPAM* Re: Win 10 IOT Core

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Oct 19 13:58:27 CEST 2015

On 10/19/2015 01:33 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> We can at least conclude that there is a lot of confusion about what
> it is and what it is not;
>
> But seeing that it is Microsoft, this does not come as a surprise...
> There are more vendors at work than actual programmers in that company.

M$ claim that "in future there only will one Windows: Windows 10". I
gather that this should mean that there is  a common API specification
(but obviously "smaller" versions provide just parts of same, but no
different specs for the same stuff, any more).

Hence to me it does make perfect sense, that (free) Windows 10 IOT runs
service applications normally (via the "basic no-GUI" WinAPI) but does
not have the "GDI winapi", and hence is no competitor too the (paid)
Desktop Windows 10 versions.

As a result I still think that a "DirectX" version of fpGUI or
CustomDrawn that runs on IOT should be doable.

-Michael