[Lazarus] Lazarus implementation of TListView etc?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Oct 21 13:58:38 CEST 2015

On 10/21/2015 01:42 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> I just want the unit to compile, but I will not use these methods in
> the command line application...
A very bad idea, indeed. In many cases just using a unit will
automatically call procedures in certain (here: GUI) libraries.
Moreover using such a unit will pull multiple more (here: GUI) units

> It is easier to leave the extra baggage in place rather than trying to
> remove it because of side effects and later GUI use.

If you want the project to "just compile" you need to implement the
unsatisfied externals (classes, methods, properties) in your own "dummy"
unit.
> With LCL added it does work!
But now it is not a command line program any more.

-Michael