[Lazarus] Lazarus implementation of TListView etc?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Oct 23 09:44:58 CEST 2015

On 10/22/2015 11:13 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> So it had helpers to show the recorded data in listviews and other
> such GUI related stuff

This is called "RAD" ("Rapid Application Development")  and a big
marketing argument of all companies who sold Delphi.

But it is very bad for portability.  Investing some effort, it can be
overcome, though (see my message to Graeme.)

Lazarus does a great job regarding portability of RAD projects, but it
mainly has desktop usage in mind and not embedded gadgets.

> In this case I do not want to re-invent all of the communications and
> data parsing code...
You obviously are out of luck (As already discussed, additionally to the
"visual-component" issues, the Event-queue issue will hit you as well.
To solve this, non-RAD will not be enough.).

There is no shortcut on this way. That is why I recommended to do a
standard GUI application with Lazarus.

- Michael