[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Sep 18 10:42:31 CEST 2015

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 09/18/2015 01:28 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I have a need to port a Delphi console program written for Windows to
>> be used on Raspberry Pi2.
>>

>> What are the steps needed to port to Pi2?
>
> I would use a Linux desktop to do the port to Linux in the most comfortable
> way, before considering the port to ARM.
>
> Especially with "console programs" Delphi/Windows is rather different from
> Lazarus/Linux, as in Lazarus console programs don't feature an Event queue.

To the best of my knowledge, Delphi itself does not offer an event queue either in console programs.

If you are talking about thread queues: the mechanisms in Delphi and Lazarus are exactly the same.
If you are talking about the windows 'event system': this is a windows concept, not a linux concept.
Linux has different mechanisms entirely. This is unrelated to Delphi/Lazarus/FPC whatever.

I really do not appreciate this kind of derogatory comments.

Michael.