[Lazarus] Xamarin becomes free and open-source

Fri Apr 1 13:19:59 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-01 10:22, Santiago A. wrote:
> but 90% of times you shouldn't have to mess with
> configuration files, each one with its one syntax (that's what many unix
> products miss and  windows shines)

This only seems to be an issue for Windows centric people - for
everybody else it has never been a problem. I have been maintaining
Unix-like servers for years. All types of services (web, mail, news, NFS
etc). I've never had a problem configuring them via config files, and
the documentation and examples were always excellent.

As for support (when you are stuck). Post your config file somewhere on
the web, others can take a look and immediately instruct you on what you
did wrong. Under Windows, you have NO such option, because the
configuration is hidden is some binary blob or deep in the registry mess.

Give me good old text configs any time of the time. Easy to edit, easy
to backup.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/