[Lazarus] German umlauts in component names

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Mon Apr 4 17:48:59 CEST 2016

On 04.04.2016 12:05, Special wrote:
> BTW too: Some English words became part of german, like 'Computer' und
> 'Button'. We don't say "Elektronische Rechenmaschine" any longer, and
> more and more german book authors say "Button" instead of the strange
> "Schaltfläche". Yes, I confess, I used "Schaltfläche" too in some of
> my early books three decades ago, but now I don't.

I see a good progress here. The first step was using "Computer" instead
of "Elektronische Rechenmaschine", the second step was using "Button"
instead of "Schaltfläche". The next logical step is to teach pupils from
the very beginning that the programmer's language is English.

English is part of the compulsory education from very early classes,
AFAIK. They definitely can understand the very limited vocabulary needed
to write programs. The word "Close" is used in event names, after all.
So I really don't see a gain using "SchließenButton" instead of
"CloseButton".

Ondrej