[Lazarus] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** help writing help [was: Re: Re: Suggestion for TRadioGroup documentation]

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sat Apr 9 14:38:36 CEST 2016

Am 2016-04-09 um 13:26 schrieb Michael Thompson:
 > What?  How's that going to work?  I prefer my open source projects alive and kicking :-(
 > I'm not interested in theoretical "wouldn't it be nice".  I agree that it would be nice if we have documentation, and I like putting a plan in place to forward this.  But the proposal above is insane.

It highly depends:

If you think that open source projects are *exclusivley*
for those people who contribute on it and who are so involved
that they don't need any documentation because they already
know everything and have the time to keep track on all changes
then, yes, there is no need for documentation.

But if you want to attract a wider audience of people who
just use it then documentation is essential.
Otherwise you have to answer the same questions here over
and over again (or ignore them and let people use other,
better documented tools for programming).