[Lazarus] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** help writing help [was: Re: Re: Suggestion for TRadioGroup documentation]

Michael Thompson mike.cornflake at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 13:48:47 CEST 2016

On 9 April 2016 at 20:38, Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann at gmx.de>
wrote:

> Am 2016-04-09 um 13:26 schrieb Michael Thompson:
> > What?  How's that going to work?  I prefer my open source projects alive
> and kicking :-(
> > I'm not interested in theoretical "wouldn't it be nice".  I agree that
> it would be nice if we have documentation, and I like putting a plan in
> place to forward this.  But the proposal above is insane.
>
> It highly depends:

It depends on nothing.   Stopping all forward movement as a tactic to
improve documentation will kill the project.

Please listen.  I agree that documentation should be improved, and I agree
that we should be planning for it.  We're on the same page there.

But that particular plan?  Stop all development until *ALL* features
documented?  Shows no understanding of developers!  It will kill the
project.

How much history in the code?  How many undocumented features?

All I'm suggesting is we focus on sane proposals that will produce
tangible, positive results.

Mike