[Lazarus] Pretty neat stuff Lazarus

hfiandor hfiandor at ceniai.inf.cu
Mon Apr 11 06:30:46 CEST 2016

Dear Graeme:

I have the same problems to install the Delphi5.hlp an consults when
require. Please, let me know how to do exactly. I am using the Window8.1.

Thanks
Ing. Héctor F. Fiandor Rosario

> New questions:  Can I use my Deplhi 3 help files?  These are old-style
> .hlp files, not .chm.

I'm sure you can, but then you need to have a Linux or FreeBSD .hlp help
viewer. WINE includes such a viewer, but not everybody wants to install
WINE.  Also take a look at DocView and INF help. It will take you 2
minutes to set up, and it doesn't matter which version of Lazarus you
use. Also no rebuilding of Lazarus is required. DocView is set up using
the External Tools functionality of Lazarus IDE.