[Lazarus] IDE main window?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 10:05:57 CET 2016

On 05/12/16 17:30, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 18:39:21 -0500Donald Ziesig via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>> Now that I have Lazarus 1.6.2 working :-D, I have a few questions:> > Is there any way to resize the IDE main window so that it extends the > full width of the display?  Right now it only extends 2/3 of the way > across and I have to manually scroll the components to the right.  > Earlier versions of lazarus allowed re-sizing to full width.
> AFAIK there is no limit. What is your screen resolution?Do you use sparta or anchordocking?
>  > Can I resize the component icons so that they can be seen without a > magnifying glass?  It seems that the icon files are all 16x16 pixels.  I > can use gimp to resize the individual icons, but would the ide use the > larger images?  I did reset the linux screen resolution to 144x144 and > lazarus' source editor responded with appropriately larger text.
> Ondrej is working on scaling.
>  > Can I extend the time display of the Messages window tooltip, or can the > messages window wrap text so the entire message is visible?
> Both are good ideas. Please create feature requests.

Can I chip in with one thing here please, with an apology in advance if
it's already been fixed.

I use a large screen cast off by a colleague who got a bigger one (which
he needs due to eyesight issues) and find that everything scales nicely
if the (Debian Linux, KDE) fonts DPI is increased from 96 to 120.

The one thing that doesn't scale is the Lazarus IDE status bar, where
the display of cursor position gets truncated as soon as a unit is >1000
lines. Could somebody get this to track the overall form width- I'd
submit a patch myself if I had time.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk