[Lazarus] How to set defines for a project? Lazarus crashes...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 20:24:36 CET 2016

I tried setting the conditional "UseCThreads" for my test project but
even though I can reach the place where this apparently is set:
Menu: Project/Project_Options/Custom_Options/Defines
it seems not to work!

When I use this dialog to enter the symbol UseCThreads the effect is
invisible when I hit OK, nothing gets added to the list of
defines/options and when I OK on the main options window anyway
Lazarus locks up completely!!!
Only way out seems to be to reboot the machine!!!!!
I have not fond any way to open a menu or interact with the Lazarus
IDE any other way after this happened so now my option is to restart
the operating system.
It IS still possible to move the Lazarus windows around on the desktop
but not to close Lazarus or interact in any other way. :(

Is it not supposed to be possible to use this dialog that clearly
offers to add a define to actually do this?

In Delphi this is available in a dialog along with the path settings,
which is very convenient to use...

I am using Lazarus 1.6RC2 and FPC 3.0.0 on Raspbian Jessie.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden