[Lazarus] Question about modal forms behaviour under windows

Mon Feb 8 12:56:13 CET 2016

On 2016-02-08 11:40, zeljko wrote:
> fpgui is using libX11, not gtk2 or qt afair, so rules are different.

All three speak to the same window manager in the end, and your argument
was that some Window Managers don't adhere to such a request. Well, I
just mentioned that JWM does adhere to such a request if it receives it.

>From what you said, Lazarus's About dialog does have a Minimize button
defined, and is visible when Lazarus is run under KDE, but not visible
when compiled with LCL-GTK2 and run under JWM. So somewhere something is
getting lost. Now my fpGUI test application also defines a Minimise
button for a modal dialog, and when run under JWM, the Minimize button
is shown. So all in all, JWM adheres to the request to display a
Minimize button. Now the question is, why doesn't it happen for Lazarus
compiled with LCL-GTK2? I can only conclude that somewhere in LCL-GTK2's
widgetset that information about the Minimize button is lost.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/