[Lazarus] Loading OpenGL error

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 10:36:20 CET 2016

Aradeonas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a new Laptop and with new Windows 10 and tried my old working
> demos and I tried it with Last Lazarus Trunk 1.7 and FPC 3.1.1 and just
> tried to run it and its happen :
>
>     A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed
>
> It is because OpenGL loading error and I dont have clue how to solve it.
> I already update all drivers and windows but nothing.
> Any one know how can I solve this or faced it before?
>
> And I tried it with Lazarus 1 and FPC 2.6.2 and it works good and it
> seems OpenGL units changed but I dont know what changes break it.

Are you sure it's in the OpenGL units initialization?

Can you test the Lazarus examples/openglcontrol/ demo, and see does it
crash too?

Base FPC units are part of FPC (trunk/packages/opengl/src/), they are
outside the Lazarus "OpenGL component" package. In Castle Game Engine
we're using FPC OpenGL units on many platforms, including Windows 10,
and we often test with latest FPC from trunk. And everything seems to
work cool. Also, the FPC OpenGL units did not have any "critical" change
since a long time, so I doubt something broke there.

And since you already tested that reverting old Lazarus version doesn't
help, it does indicate the problem is somewhere else...

Regards,
Michalis