[Lazarus] non Unicodode application

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Feb 12 16:28:46 CET 2016

On 02/12/2016 03:54 PM, Juha Manninen wrote:
> Sure there is hope. See the new UTF-8 support:
>    http://wiki.freepascal.org/Better_Unicode_Support_in_Lazarus

I'll let him know...

And of course I will take read this myself, too.

In fact he does not want "Better_Unicode_Support" but
*no_unicode_support* ;-)

But maybe this is possible somehow....

> The only problem comes if you depend on Windows system codepage a lot.
> That's why there is :
>    http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_with_FPC3.0_without_UTF-8_mode

The code does not depend on Windows system codepage at all. The just
receives text (characters) from TCP/IP, converts it using databases and
some "embedded"/"realtime" conditions and sends it out via TCP/IP. Not
windows or other codepages "implicitly" involved. If some o the work
needs codepage conversion, this is done explicitly in user code.

-Michael