[Lazarus] Please stop the IDE regressions!

Thu Feb 25 08:57:43 CET 2016

On 2016-02-25 03:19, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
> if every
> window has its own configurable toolbar with its tool buttons. So the
> watches commands will be available in the watches dialog only.

I'm not sure I follow you 100%.  Maybe what Lazarus IDE needs is the
"detachable menus" - a feature supported by GTK for decades, but seldom
used. If you don't know, "detachable menus" are popup menus say from the
main menu, but the fist entry is a dashed line. If you click the dashed
line entry, that popup menu detaches and becomes a independent window
which you can place anywhere on the screen, and it says open. Clicking
the menu items in that detached windows DOESN'T close the window (unlike
what happens in popup menus). So this gives you a kind of "command
toolbar" all over the place.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/