[Lazarus] Feature Request: hide button text in windows with toolbars

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Thu Feb 25 18:24:14 CET 2016

Am 2016-02-25 um 17:40 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:

 > On Thu, 25 Feb 2016, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
 >> The best would be to avoid all these toolbars and
 >> use on demand popup (text) lists where I can select from.
 >> Such a text list can be filtered, sorted and searched for but pictograms cannot.
 >
 > That's called a menu ?

A sort of.
But directly invokable via shortcut key and with filter and/or sorting.
A (possibly long) list of text entries but you can type some characters and
it immediately filters the list to the matching entries only (as in the component/view all-dialog).
They could be sortable by last usage or lexically (or others) by the user.
Windows start menu search finally uses this too (although this has other issues).

Or a tree like list where typing takes you to the next matching entry and enter invokes it.

When programming I would not like to move away my hands from the keyboard to reach for the mouse.
That's not ergonomical.