[Lazarus] Feature Request: hide button text in windows with toolbars

Thu Feb 25 19:24:54 CET 2016

On 2016-02-25 17:24, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> When programming I would not like to move away my hands from the keyboard to reach for the mouse.
> That's not ergonomical.

>From what you described, it sounds like over-engineering for what the
actual problem is (reduce screen size and still have quick access to
items). A [☰] icon showing a standard popup menu should suffice. The
hamburger menu could be triggered via some standard keyboard shortcut.
eg: Ctrl+Space or something. The Spacebar matches the hamburger lines
nicely. ;-) You can then select the menu item with arrow keys or a
hotkey. No complexities of searching, filtering, magically reordering
menu items etc. And all still possible with the keyboard (and mouse).

In fact, I have a 12 hour flight coming up where I need to kill some
time. Maybe implementing some of these ideas as a prototype/suggestion
is a nice way of making the time fly by. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/