[Lazarus] Cannot find unit lNet when building project

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:44:08 CET 2016

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 12:30:32 +0100, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

>> >Maybe you updated your compiler and forgot to update lnet?
>> Same compiler as before (3.0.0)
>> And the IDE picks up the source unit from:
>> /usr/fpc/3.0.0/utils/fppkg/lnet/lnet.pp
>
>Good. That's the usual place on Linux.

OK, when I hover the mouse over the error message in Lazarus there is
additional info about it. It says that it is missing the corresponding
PPU file...
So I searched for it:
sudo find / -iname lnet.*
/usr/share/src/fpc-2.6.4/fpc/utils/fppkg/lnet/lnet.pp
/usr/fpc/3.0.0/utils/fppkg/lnet/lnet.pp

So there does not seem to exist an lnet.ppu file.
How is that created? When compiling fpc or as part of building an
application that uses it (would be what I'd assume)?

I installed fpc using the make functions in the source:
sudo make all
sudo make install sourceinstall
Maybe it does not really build the full system?
Is there a command to actually also create the ppu files?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden