[Lazarus] New menu designer. which style do you prefer?

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Mon Jan 18 16:20:49 CET 2016

On 18.01.2016 14:03, Lukasz Sokol wrote:
>> Btw. Howard had the "No" button default but I changed it.
>>
> I'm with Howard here (and Matthias

As far as I understood Mattias' email, he did not say the dialog should
default to "Yes".

Btw. I checked when deleting files in the default file manager (with DEL
and also with SHIFT+DEL for permanent delete) and the results are the
following:

Windows 10: default is "Yes" for both actions.
Kubuntu: DEL - no prompt by default, you can enamble the prompt, then it
defaults to "Yes".
SHIFT+DEL - default is "Yes".
--
Mac OSX 10.8 (a little bit different): no prompt for move to trash.
When permanently deleting the files from trash, the prompt dialog also

So all OS I tested are pretty consistent, the default action is always
the destructive one.

> ). It should be a default No if a change can not be reversed by just Ctrl-Z or Undo.

What if you accidetially hit delete then right-arrow and then enter?
It's the same problem. You can play this all the time :(

Ondrej