[Lazarus] New menu designer. which style do you prefer?

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 18:21:43 CET 2016

On 18/01/16 15:20, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
> On 18.01.2016 14:03, Lukasz Sokol wrote:
>>> Btw. Howard had the "No" button default but I changed it.
>>>
>> I'm with Howard here (and Matthias
>
> As far as I understood Mattias' email, he did not say the dialog
> should default to "Yes".

Heh you're right, he did not.

[...]

> So all OS I tested are pretty consistent, the default action is
> always the destructive one.

OK.

>> ). It should be a default No if a change can not be reversed by
>> just Ctrl-Z or Undo.
>
> What if you accidetially hit delete then right-arrow and then enter?
> It's the same problem. You can play this all the time :(
>
> Ondrej

In development, maybe you're right. All is fair in software development ;)

I just happen to have a system here, where I have to log users actions.
But no amount of 'breadcrumbs' (action logging) is going to stop people
from complaining about default actions taken by just pressing 'yes' or enter all the time... that they
perceive as 'wrong answer'.

Their supervisors tend to tell us then, 'you should have stopped them from blindly selecting the wrong answer by default'...

We (still) get complaints that it's slowing them down, but then, it's now 'by design'.

At some point we resorted to disabling the default button mappings to keyboard,
so they HAVE to click buttons by mouse.

And they aren't 'dumb' people, oh no.

el es