[Lazarus] Is porting Delphi program using AsyncPro to fpc/laz possible?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Jan 21 10:21:12 CET 2016

On 01/21/2016 10:09 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> I have a device comm simulation program created in Delphi 7 (or maybe
> 2007), which uses TurboPower Async Pro components for the serial and
> TCPIP communications. It is used for production testing and also for
> development purposes. On Windows of course....
>
> Now I would like to port this to the Raspberry Pi environment so the
> simulator could be placed in a small package and replicated easily.

You would be my (and many others') hero if you port Async Pro to Linux and provide the result publicly. This has been requests already multiple times.

IMHO this is one of the greatest shortcomings with Lazarus/fpc (even though of course there are alternatives).

Let me know if I can be helpful on that behalf.

-Michael