[Lazarus] Unable to cross-compile Lazarus applications in Linux from x86_64 to arm target (Raspberry pi 3)

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Fri Jul 15 20:16:08 CEST 2016

Il 14/07/2016 00:37, Mattias Gaertner ha scritto:
> I'm not an arm expert.

I'm not either. But I'm forced by circumstances to learn :'(. The
Raspberry Pi3 is quite popular and has enough computing power to be
usable in our field of industrial applications.

Maybe you missed my previous post. The compile problem is solved. I had
set one of the required options in Custom Options (which applies only to
project files) instead of putting it in Additions and Overrides (which
applies also to packages). That way it compiles properly both the LCL
and the project, it links with the appropriate cross-libraries and it
generates an arm executable.

However there is still a minor issues, and a major one:

 1. When cross compiling, packages do inherit properly from the project
    the Target OS and Target CPU Family compiler options, but they do
    not inherit the Target Processor option. Workaround: add it to
    Additions and Overrides, but it would deserve a fix.
 2. Apparently there is some incompatibility between host and target
    gtk-related libraries, because, while a console application runs
    just fine, a visual one crashes at startup because "GtkAdjustment
    has no property named ''". I'll investigate...

However thank for your help.

Giuliano