[Lazarus] Target Survey

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Jul 20 16:04:27 CEST 2016

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 07/20/2016 02:27 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> On 2016-07-20 13:10, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>> http://www.unigui.com/
>
> A whole tot of *new *"TUnim..." visual components.
>
> Hence supposedly a simple porting of an existing (local GUI) project is not
> supported.

You keep coming back to this 'simple porting of an existing GUI'.

This leads me to believe that you have run deeply in the RAD trap:

Business code and GUI code tightly intertwined, making it impossible to
quickly create a new front-end.

If so, my advice to you is: don't wait for the impossible, but start
detangling your code.
Then a HTML/unigui/whatever front end will be less painful.

Michael.