[Lazarus] Lazarus cannot debug after Raspbian upgrade

Koenraad Lelong lazarus2 at de-brouwerij.be
Sat Jul 30 18:33:47 CEST 2016

Op 30-07-16 om 18:12 schreef Bo Berglund:
> On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 16:43:03 +0100, Martin Frb <lazarus at mfriebe.de>
> wrote:
>
>> On 30/07/2016 16:37, Bo Berglund wrote:

>>> Where can I find this? I looked in Project options but did not find
>>> anything seemingly connected to that.
>>
>> It is in the global options. in the property grid of the debugger settings.
>>
>> But it would apply to all projects. And if your error is some project
>> only.....
>>
>> Another thing, that may be worth checking is if you did set any
>> Environment values (run > run params)
>> that would be per project.
> All I see there is an override for the IP address of PIGPIO:
> PIGPIO_ADDR = 192.168.185.97
> which is totally wrong for my network in any case
> That identifier is used in a statement like this to set a const value:
> PI_ENVADDR = 'PIGPIO_ADDR';
>
> But however I search I cannot see where this is later used in the
> project...
>
> Anyway, changing it to the valid address of my Pi did not stop the gdb
> error. :(

Bo,

That environment variable is a remainder of previous tests. The original
c-test-program (x_pigpiod_if2) can be used in two ways : without that
environment variable, then the defaults are used (ip-address 127.0.0.1
and port 8888), or with environment variables set, then those values are
used for port and/or ip-address. The lazarus program never did use these
environment variables.

Would it be a problem if you used the latest ready-made image of
raspbian, and try again ? I used that image and only did safe-upgrade's
after that. I never used the distupgrade.

Koenraad.