[Lazarus] how to search in files but skip commented text

Dennis dec12 at avidsoft.com.hk
Tue Mar 8 11:28:15 CET 2016

When source files become big, the search function becomes very important.
Does anyone share my desire for the Search function in Lazarus to be
smart enough to skip those commented out texts?

I often comment out a portion of the source files before permanently
deleting it (after I am really sure the new code is better than the old
ones).

I hope the IDE will one day be smart enough to skip those commented text.

Also, sometimes I use meaningful english words as my routine and
variable names. A search on those names will then also return those
words in my commented txt.

Dennis