[Lazarus] Form Resizing

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 18:27:15 CET 2016

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 19:55:46 +0200, Juha Manninen
<juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mar 5, 2016 4:48 PM, "Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I looked at Lazarus Tools/Configure "Bild Lazarus" I see that the LCL
>> widget type is set to gtk2.
>> That is the same as in my Linux Mint 17.3 Mate installation.
>
>Yes, the widgetset is obviously GTK2 unless you have explicitly configured
>it for QT.
>Could you please confirm that the problems happen only with LXDE, as I
>asked earlier.
I have no idea what you mean by this statement...
What is LXDE and how do I test Lazarus for LXDE?

>You have apparently tested with other desktops, too, for example Mate.
That happened to be the case since I decided I should get me a more
powerful computer so I installed the latest Mint - Mate in a virtual
machine on my laptop.
In this environment the gtk2 is still selected but the form sizing
issue is not apparent.

>Then could you please find the revision that broke things under LXDE.
>Raspberry may be too slow for bisecting, you must do it using a faster
>computer.
Now you are talking mystery again. I do not understand how I could do
this...

I have used svn cook-book style to retrieve a specific tagged revision
of FPC and Lazarus and used make to build them. Apart fromn that I
have no idea how to use svn, which I assume you mean I should do.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden