[Lazarus] Strange error with TValueListEditor

Richard Mace richard.mace at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 15:32:56 CEST 2016

On 31 March 2016 at 13:41, Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/31/16, Richard Mace <richard.mace at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Error: Identifier Strings is not published in class "TValueListStrings"
> and
> > it's highlighted a row that contains:
> > Strings.Strings = ('')
>
> Typically the Strings.Strings should be part of the TValueListEditor.
> There should be no TValueListStrings in the lfm.
>
> Here's anexample of an lfm with a TValueListEditor
>
>   object ValEd: TValueListEditor
>     Left = 8
>     Height = 188
>     Top = 8
>     Width = 350
>     FixedCols = 0
>     RowCount = 4
>     TabOrder = 0
>     OnPrepareCanvas = ValEdPrepareCanvas
>     KeyOptions = [keyEdit, keyAdd]
>     Options = [goFixedVertLine, goFixedHorzLine, goVertLine,
> goHorzLine, goColSizing, goEditing, goAutoAddRows, goAlwaysShowEditor,
> goThumbTracking]
>     Strings.Strings = (
>       'a=b'
>       'c=d'
>       'e=f'
>     )
>     ColWidths = (
>       64
>       282
>     )
>   end
>
> This is from my ValueListEditor test suite, and it loads without
> problems on Lazarus trunk and Lazarus 1.6 (32-bit on Win7-64).
>
> 1. Can you copy the relevant part of the lfm file and post it here?

​          object vle11TrunkProperties: TValueListEditor
            Left = 13
            Height = 288
            Top = 51
            Width = 496
            FixedCols = 0
            RowCount = 2
            TabOrder = 1
            Strings.Strings = (
              ''
            )
            OnStringsChange = vle11TrunkPropertiesStringsChange
            ColWidths = (
              64
              432
            )
          end
​
​The "Strings.Strings = ("​ line is what is highlighted with the error:
Identifier Strings is not published in class "TValueListStrings"

> 2. 1.4 series is old. Please update to 1.6

​I've tested it in 1.6, in Ubuntu 14.04 and it comes up with the same error.

Richard​