[Lazarus] SynEdit - marking a line

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Nov 18 13:51:21 CET 2016

On 18/11/2016 07:50, Torsten Bonde Christiansen via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi List.
>
> I have just recently started playing with SynEdit and all it's
> features, but so far things have been going good.
>
> The examples in lazarus are fine and have helped a lot!
>
> However i would like to mark a whole line, much like done in in the
> IDE when placing breakpoints etc.?
>
> I would be glad if someone could help me in the right direction. :)
Search for
OnSpecialLine Markup
(or OnSpecialLineColor, if it is just background color)

The code in this event should be fast. It will be called many times
(everytime any part of a line is painted).

So calculate and store the needed info somewhere else, and then in the
event, only compare the line number with the stored value.