[Lazarus] Messages from who?

DougC doug at moosemail.net
Sat Oct 1 18:59:57 CEST 2016

I have no problem figuring out how to reply to the place I want to reply to.

The problem I have is seeing who the original sender was. There is nothing in the way the messages are presented to me that indicates the original author.

Doug C.

---- On Sat, 01 Oct 2016 12:56:21 -0400wkitty42--- via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote ----

On 10/01/2016 08:44 AM, DougC via Lazarus wrote:

> Yes, DougC is me but I see lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org

> <mailto:lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> in FROM: so I guess it's my email client

> doing this. Sigh. Sorry about the noise!

no... the list was changed due to the email security stuff that some major ISPs

now require... they were refusing to pass on list messages with from address of

users instead of the list... they were viewed as forgeries even though they were

not...

depending on which button you click to reply to a post, the To: or CC: lines may

include the list as well as the original poster... at least one button should

reply off-list to the original poster but that one may be broken now and simply

requires manual intervention to place the original poster's email address in the

field in place of the list's email address...

Lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org