[Lazarus] Online Package Manager

Balázs Székely getmem1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 09:29:01 CEST 2016

@Silvio
>allow the user to use Lazarus-CCR/Github/Bitbucket/GitLab as component
server; (it allows anyone to publish their components)
It would take a lot of effort, the project is already complex, although I
only completed about 30%. I might add support for Github later, Delphinus
is already there and is a great tool.
> rename it to something like LazGetIt or LPM (Lazarus package manager) etc.
In my opinion the name is irrelevant for now, it can be renamed later to
anything except LazGetit, it sounds like a copy of Delphi's GetIt. It's
entirely different project, concept.
> add the "Uninstall", "Remove", "Download" and "Info" buttons
"Download To" and "Clean up" buttons are already there. I will add the
others soon.
>synchronize it to show some already installed component; (it avoid
conflict with another installed user component)
It does show you if the component is installed or not, more over you can
see the installed version(the second column, with bold). See attachment.
> allow it to use HTTPS
Already supported! You need the install the OpenSSL libraries though.

Thank you for the feedback.