[Lazarus] Teaching Pascal at College

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Thu Oct 13 07:33:22 CEST 2016

> I would also caution against starting on GUI programming too early.
+1
(few years ago I have teached programing on school in our city. I am not
a techaer, but school lost teacher and was not able to find someone else)
I have used FreePascal + Lazarus for my courses, but we have used only
project type of "Program" (so no LCL GUI), exactly for reasons what was
mentioned.

I understand, that black/white window does not look modern. You can
introduce 2 courses:
1. Introduction to Pascal (Object Pascal)
2. GUI programing

L.