[Lazarus] Teaching Pascal at College

Thu Oct 13 10:20:57 CEST 2016

On 2016-10-13 06:33, LacaK via Lazarus wrote:
> I understand, that black/white window does not look modern. You can
> introduce 2 courses:
> 1. Introduction to Pascal (Object Pascal)
> 2. GUI programing

+1

That would be the best solution. GUI programming is based on
fundamentals than need to be understood first. We don't want another
whole generation of Visual Basic programmers. The Visual Basic 4-6
programs I had seen and unfortunately had to maintain were the sloppiest
code I've ever seen - all written by "programmers" that dived straight
into VB with no prior programming experience.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/