[Lazarus] TPageControl OnChange calling issue

vfclists . vfclists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:43:09 CEST 2016

On 10 October 2016 at 10:12, Bart via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org
> wrote:

> On 10/3/16, Michael W. Vogel via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>
> wrote:
> > we want to discuss a bug report
> > http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=25554 here, not in Mantis (hope,
> > I understand Bart right).
>
> I have remove the call to DoChange in r53089 and documented the
> changes in http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.8.0_release_notes#
> TCustomTabControl_setting_TabIndex_or_PageIndex_by_code
>
> @Michl: feel free to open a seperate bugreport for the feature request
> to make this behaviour configurable.
> (Although I think you do not need it anymore?)
>
> Bart
> --

I think this is not logical. If the OnChange event is supposed to fire when
the tab changes, and a PageIndex or a TabIndex changes the tab then it
should do as it says. If the programmer wants Delphi compatibility then it
is for the programmer to set a flag so that the OnChange event only fires
when the end user changes the tab. In that case there should be a new event
such as OnUserChange or something similar.

These illogical compatibility related definitions cause no end of
trouble.If ill thought out definitions went into Delphi it is not smart to
conform to them. Better make it known that they are illogical and that
Lazarus and Freepascal do it the right way and gives them the option of
switching to Delphi behaviour.
--
Frank Church