[Lazarus] Launching External Tool Cmd.exe in Windows

Cyrax evvke at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 25 07:06:45 CEST 2016

On 23.09.2016 02:22, Lars wrote:
> On Thu, September 22, 2016 3:45 pm, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>> Oh, when did you add this, long ago or just recent... which release...
>>> or is it only on the latest github/svn. Thanks, I did not see this
>>> option
>>
>> Just recently, as in today.
>>

>> Mattias
>

> Any idea what workarounds people used before? Surely someone used cmd.exe
> before as an external tool in an older version.  I tend to not use the
> latest version from source control. But I can, if I have to!

In Tools->Configure External tools...->Add dialog, input these:

Title : Command Prompt
Program Filename : $Env(COMSPEC)
Parameters : '/c "start "Command Prompt" "%COMSPEC%""'

If single line contains at least one space to separate parameters then
whole line will be enclosed with double quotes automatically, thus
making it one parameter option. Single quotes at the beginning and the
end will prevent this.

In Parameters text box, you can have multiple lines and those lines will
be one parameter per line.