[Lazarus] Launching External Tool Cmd.exe in Windows

Lars noreply at z505.com
Tue Sep 27 07:06:09 CEST 2016

On Sat, September 24, 2016 11:06 pm, Cyrax via Lazarus wrote:
>> Any idea what workarounds people used before? Surely someone used
>> cmd.exe before as an external tool in an older version.  I tend to not
>> use the latest version from source control. But I can, if I have to!
>>

> In Tools->Configure External tools...->Add dialog, input these:
>

> Title : Command Prompt
> Program Filename : $Env(COMSPEC)
> Parameters : '/c "start "Command Prompt" "%COMSPEC%""'

Genius! Any idea how to launch a console app using this trick?

i.e. I develop a console app in lazarus (the $TargetFile()) and want to
launch it but leave it open. Cmd /k was what I thought.

 other option would be to make a ms dos batch file, that launches a
command window, and run it. Or like the other poster said, create a
launcher program