[Lazarus] TColor and Alpha channel support

Mon Sep 26 12:37:48 CEST 2016

Hi,

All LCL colors seem to be defined in the format TColor($BBGGRR) - all
without the Alpha channel information.  Does TColor support the Alpha
channel, and if it does, will it it be applied everywhere or all
supported widgetsets?

If TColor does support the Alpha channel, in which format should the
TColor be defined?

   TColor($AABBGGRR)
or
   TColor($BBGGRRAA)

Inconsistency noted:
  Also there is an inconsistency at least with LCL-GTK2's Color Select
dialog. If I type the hex color Red in the Color Select Dialog, the
format must be typed as FF0000  (RRGGBB), but when I code the color Red
in Lazarus, it must be typed as 0000FF  (BBGGRR).  I guess because of
the LCL "native widget set" idea, there is nothing that can be done
about this.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/