[Lazarus] Alpha blending in GTK2 under Linux

Valdas Jankūnas zmuogs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 19:35:20 CEST 2017

Hello,

I working with alpha blending. On QT it works fine. On GTK2 I get
"Depth: 24" when executing "GetDescriptionFromDevice(0)" (on QT -> 32).
Why GTK2 "screen" not supports alpha?
  It is strange because if I load PNG with transparency (image with
gradient) into TImage then I clearly can see alpha blending effect on
GTK2 when image is diplayed. Maybe I must to use
"GetDescriptionFromDevice" not from screen? From where then?

There is full "DataDescription" on GTK2:
            Format: ricfRGBA
             Width: 3
            Height: 3
             Depth: 24
          BitOrder: riboBitsInOrder
         ByteOrder: riboLSBFirst
         LineOrder: riloTopToBottom
           LineEnd: rileDWordBoundary
      BitsPerPixel: 32
           RedPrec: 8
          RedShift: 16
         GreenPrec: 8
        GreenShift: 8
          BluePrec: 8
         BlueShift: 0
         AlphaPrec: 0
        AlphaShift: 0
  MaskBitsPerPixel: 1
PaletteColorCount: 0

System Kubuntu 16.10; lazarus 1.9.0; fpc 3.0.0.

P.S. sorry for my bad English.

--
   Valdas Jankūnas