[Lazarus] Run parameters

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Feb 11 12:01:07 CET 2017

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 11:22:23 +0100 (CET)
Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Currently, the options specified in 'Run - Parameters' are stored in the
> project.lpi file.
>
> I have always found this a strange choice.
> What is the rationale for this decision ?

Some projects need the same run parameters on all machines.
For example instantfpc projects can't run with the default run
params.

> Logically, I would I think these parameters belong in the .lps file ?

I agree, there should be an option. Or even better would be a list
of run modes.

Some developers using build modes suggested to have different run
parameters per build mode. So it would be nice if the list and build
modes can be connected. For example when switching the build mode, the
IDE automatically switches the run mode too.

Mattias