[Lazarus] Congrats to the FPC/Lazarus projects - job well done!

Thu Jul 20 16:31:34 CEST 2017

On 2017-07-20 15:20, Petr Hložek via Lazarus wrote:
> Even Ctrl+Click navigation
> doesn't work, it jumps always to nonsense place.

Yeah, I get that all the time. I'm now using GExpert's add-on for its
"procedure list" and "grep search" features to get more accurate code
navigation in Delphi.

> Horrible experience. Core i5 with 16GB RAM and SSD disk. Also tons of
> lines with red mark etc.

I wonder if Lazarus IDE could use the Delphi dcc.exe command line
compiler? I guess not because the compiler settings are so different,
and Lazarus hides all those behind a GUI dialog. One might have better
luck using MSEide with dcc.exe because MSEide allows for much more
versatile compiler parameter configuration (nothing hidden behind a GUI
dialog). Umm, maybe something to try over the weekend.

Regards,
   Graeme