[Lazarus] Installing LNet in Lazarus 1.6 fails

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 17:15:47 CEST 2017

I downloaded the LNet 0.6.5 zipfile from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/lNet/lNet%200.6.5/lnet-0.6.5.zip/download
I extracted it into a folder on my Win7 PC and then I started Lazarus
1.6 and went to Packages/Open Package File, navigated to the LNet
folder and selected the lazaruspackage/lnetvisual.lpk file.
Next I used the Install command and it adviced that it would also
install another lnet package. Accepted and it ran for a while, then
stopped with the following in the messages window:

Messages, Warnings: 1
Warning: other sources path of package "lnetbase 0.6.5" contains
directory "..\lib", which is already in the unit search path.
Compile package lnetbase 0.6.5: Success, Warnings: 11
lws2tcpip.pp(49,10) Warning: Function result does not seem to be set
lcommon.pp(358,4) Warning: User defined: check these ambiguous errors
lnet.pp(558,14) Warning: Comparison might be always true due to range
of constant and expression
lnet.pp(623,14) Warning: Comparison might be always true due to range
of constant and expression
lnet.pp(784,30) Warning: User defined: check if we need aOp = soSend
in the IF, perhaps bad recv is possible?
lnetssl.pp(214,24) Warning: Symbol "GetConnected" is deprecated
lhttputil.pp(92,45) Warning: Symbol "ShortMonthNames" is deprecated
lwebserver.pp(325,23) Warning: Symbol "CommandLine" is deprecated
lwebserver.pp(478,21) Warning: Symbol "CommandLine" is deprecated
lwebserver.pp(1123,4) Warning: User defined: TODO
lthreadevents.pp(101,26) Warning: Symbol "Resume" is deprecated
Compile package lnetvisual 0.6.5: Success
Build IDE: Exit code 2, Errors: 1, Warnings: 1
Warning: Recompiling sslsockets, checksum changed for OpenSSL
fphttpclient.pp(285,6) Fatal: Cannot find sslsockets used by
fphttpclient. Make sure all ppu files of a package are in its output
directory. ppu in wrong
directory=C:\programs\lazarus1.6\fpc\3.0.0\units\i386-win32\fcl-net\sslsockets.ppu..

I have no idea what is going on here, I just want to test the LNet
components for a simple TCP Client application.
What could I do to get this installed?

Lazarus 1.6 for Windows
FPC 3.0.0
OS: Windows 7 X64