[Lazarus] TPicture width questions (duplicate ways)

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Thu Mar 9 18:44:42 CET 2017

On 2017-03-09 10:48, José Mejuto via Lazarus wrote:

> AFAIK:
>
> TPicture.Width is the TGraphic container size.
> TPicture.jpeg.Width is the width declared in the jpeg image.
> TPicture.Bitmap.Width is the width of the bitmap in pixels.
>
> Mostly the 3 will have the same value but extracted from different
> sources.

If I start off using a bitmap, and all of a sudden start using jpeg,
will it automagically work or does one have to initiate the jpeg in some
way?

Example: you start off working with a classic BMP, but then 60 lines of
code later you want to work with it as a jpeg. Do you just magically
start working with a jpeg without any worry, or you have to take some
precautions?

Likely, this is explained in a article on the wiki somewhere, I don't
know :-)