[Lazarus] Making sources compatible with Delphi (but Lazarus is priority)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon May 1 17:33:15 CEST 2017

Am 01.05.2017 11:31 schrieb "Tony Whyman via Lazarus" <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>:
> 7. Generics
>
> If you don't have to go here then don't. Unfortunately I had dug a hole
for myself and made extensive use of generics. Some of the differences are
minor syntax, but others... Delphi and FPC just don't work the same way.
Examples of problems are:

> - calling a constructor from a function defined using generics.
>
> - extracting an interface from an object defined using generics.
>
> Both are possible, but with very different syntax.

Would you please elaborate on these and which FPC version you targeted?

Regards,
Sven