[Lazarus] Making sources compatible with Delphi (but Lazarus is priority)

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon May 1 20:26:11 CEST 2017

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Tony Whyman via Lazarus
> I am not sure how much your second post rows back from this but I do think
> that false is a bit harsh.

Yes, sorry, it was correct when using the default types in FPC 3.
However making it compatible with Delphi requires some effort, as you noticed.
My experience is that the Unicode support provided by LazUtils leads
to more Delphi compatible code.
The Windows system codepages are a problem, yes. Then data must be
converted in some I/O layer.

Everybody please experiment with it. It can be used also for non-GUI code.

Juha