[Lazarus] Wiki page "Unicode Support in Lazarus" improved

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Sat May 13 17:55:00 CEST 2017

Am 13.05.2017 um 15:17 schrieb Juha Manninen via Lazarus:
> I have simplified and improved the page
>   http://wiki.freepascal.org/Unicode_Support_in_Lazarus
>
> I tried to move relevant information to the top and remove duplicate
> information.
> For example there is a short "Usage" section with simple rules and then:
>   "These rules make most code already compatible with Delphi."
> which is pretty much what most people need to know.

  * In section "Usage", "For string literals to work the source files
    must have UTF-8 encoding." - Add: "This is the default for source
    files written by Lazarus" - Otherwise people will begin to
    unnecessarily add these "$codepage utf8" directives.
  * In section "CodePoint functions for encoding agnostic code" I am
    missing information on how "ch" is to be declared (in my test:
    ch:char and ch:string are working; ch:widechar does not).
  * Good that the new page appears also in place of the old "Better
    Unicode Support..." page