[Lazarus] Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 1.8.0

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed May 17 17:38:17 CEST 2017

El 17/05/17 a les 17:29, Luca Olivetti via Lazarus ha escrit:
> El 17/05/17 a les 16:48, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus ha escrit:
>> On Wed, 17 May 2017 16:34:14 +0200
>> Luca Olivetti via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> OK, I see now that it doesn't build with fpc 2.6.4 :-(
>>
>> Fixed.
>>
>> The Lazarus devels only support the last two FPC releases, which means
>> 3.0.0 and 3.0.2.
>> But as long as FPC 2.6.4 only needs a few IFDEFs, patches are welcome.
>
> Ok.
> A thing that broke from lazarus 1.6.4 is TLabel.OptimalFill.
> It seems that, depending on the width of the label it just uses a tiny
> amount of space, e.g., I put a label with the caption xxxx, height 140.
> With width 200 the four x fill all the horizontal space, if I change it
> to 300 they just occupy the top left corner (see attached image).

FWIW it does the same with linux/gtk2 and, boy, the ide is *ugly*:
giant, blurred, icons everywhere, giant fonts in the tabs of the
components' palette, giant fonts in the object inspector...you get the
drift.
The fonts in the editor seems fine, but maybe it's because I changed the
default a long time ago.

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007