[Lazarus] Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 1.8.0

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed May 17 20:16:40 CEST 2017

El 17/05/17 a les 19:59, Luca Olivetti via Lazarus ha escrit:
> El 17/05/17 a les 19:19, zeljko ha escrit:
>> On 17.05.2017 19:08, Luca Olivetti via Lazarus wrote:
>>
>>> The ide compiled with the qt widgetset doesn't show the same problem
>>> (though it doesn't seem to be using the same fonts as other kde
>>> applications)
>>
>> KDE Plasma is using Qt5, but ide is Qt4, so in Qt4 config you can set
>> same fonts as they are in KDE Plasma and they will be exactly same.
>> It's bug in KDE, since applying any setting to Qt5 (via KDE settings),
>> should apply same applicable settings for Qt4 applications.
>> Besides that, you can build cbindings for Qt5 and rebuild lazarus
>> against Qt5 widgetset to see if there's any difference.
>

> It took me a while to see that the c bindings are included, the
> README.txt in the lcl/interfaces/qt5 directory just says:
>
> "To use them you also need to download and install
> at appropriate place the libQt5Pas.so (linux)
> or Qt5Pas.dll (ms windows) or Qt5Pas.framework (Darwin).
>
> For more information see:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Qt_Interface"
>
> So, after unsuccessfully compiling the beta version from
> http://users.telenet.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/fpcqt4.html I finally
> found http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Qt5_Interface which says that
> the bindings are included :-/
> They're building now.

Excellent, this is OK, with my selected fonts and correctly sized icons.
It still has the problem with optimalfill, so it's definitely not
platform specific.

Meanwhile I see that in the plasma font setting I have the dpi forced to
96, a setting that apparently is respected both by qt4 and qt5 (as well
as gtk applications).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007