[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.8 RC1 under Raspbian Jessie

Joe Special at Joepgen.com
Wed May 31 20:22:35 CEST 2017

Am 30.05.2017 um 10:48 schrieb Joe via Lazarus:
> Am 30.05.2017 um 00:36 schrieb Bo Berglund via Lazarus:
>> On Sat, 27 May 2017 11:20:17 +0200, Joe via Lazarus
>> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>>> Bo,
>>> unfortunately, this failed with error message something could not be
>>> found. Seems, I did not edit the script the right way.
>>> What lines are to be edited and exactly how for Lazarus 1.8.0 RC1?
>>> Thanx -- Joe
>> Hi again!
>> I have now returned home and been able to check the script.
>> I used a brand new Jessie PIXEL image and did this before starting the
>> script:
>> - Created dir /home/pi/bin where the fpc binary will reside
>> - Logged off and back on again to put this dir into the PATH
>>
>> Turns out that the fpc sourceinstall command on line #150 fails
>> because there is no current path to the seed compiler ppcarm....
>> So I have added option FPC=<path to ppcarm> on that line and with that
>> done the script runs OK to the end and Lazarus is available on the
>> main Jessie menu below "Programming".
>>
>> The corrected script is found here:
>> http://blog.boberglund.com/install_lazfpc_local_pi.sh
>>
>> Regarding configuration, these lines need to be handled by editing the
>> versions mainly (lines #32 and #43-46):
>>
>> LAZDESK=/home/pi/.local/share/applications/lazarus_1.6.2.desktop
>> FPCTAG=release_3_0_0
>> FPCVER=3.0.0
>> LAZTAG=lazarus_1_6_2
>> LAZVER=1.6.2
>>
>> In your case change them to this:
>>
>> LAZDESK=/home/pi/.local/share/applications/lazarus_1.8.RC1.desktop
>> FPCTAG=release_3_0_2
>> FPCVER=3.0.2
>> LAZTAG=lazarus_1_8_0_RC1
>> LAZVER=1.8.RC1
>>
>> HTH
>>

> .
> .
> Bo, helps a lot. Very kind. Have a nice day.
> Cordialmente --  Joe
.
.
I stored this script  as install_lazfpc_local_pi-0.sh and the modified
version for Lazarus 1.8.RC1 as install_lazfpc_local_pi-1.sh.
See http:/transfer.joepgen.com/diffresult.txt
Then, on a Pi Zero W, I prepared a brand new Jessie PIXEL image on a 32
GB card and
- Set Locale Settings to Germany and WiFi settings
- Created dir /home/pi/bin
- Logged off and back on again to put this dir into the PATH
- Enlarged the swap file size from 100 MB to 1024 MB, stopped and
restarted swapfile
- started the script
- the question 'Which model of RPi do you want to build for'  I answered
with 'ARMv6'

62 minutes later the compilation was aborted due to access violations.
See http://transfer.joepgen.com/ErrorMessages
SWeems

..  Joe