[Lazarus] Quick Video: A Web Application

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Nov 8 13:40:47 CET 2017

On Wed, 8 Nov 2017, Leonardo M. Ramé via Lazarus wrote:

> El 08/11/17 a las 04:57, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus escribió:
>>
>> There is.
>>
>> Normally, early december a RC version of pas2js will be released.
>> pasjs currently is more or less at the level of D7 compatibility (minus
>> interfaces and
>> pointers). There is a web-based compiler (i.e. you can do 'hot reload'
>> as found in many
>> web development systems) etc.
>>
>> Many basic RTL units work, there is access to all browser features or
>> node.js. you can import any javascript library (e.g. jquery is available)
>> using an import unit.
>>
>> TDataset now also works, pas2js will ship with simple REST connection and
>> JSON Dataset components.
>>
>> In short, everything to develop Pascal programs that run in the browser:
>> FPC will be a full development stack for web applications.
>>
>> It will also be fully integrated in Lazarus.
>>
>> Michael.
>
> Hi Michael, I wonder how the import unit is created. For example, I use
> a library called Tabulator (a fantastic grid) I would like to interface
> with pas2js, should I do the interface by hand or is there an automatic
> method?.

There is a unit that can partially do it for you. It will create an external
class definition in pascal based on a javascript object instance.
But it is limited in the sense that you will need to provide types
and names of arguments to functions. (javascript does not make them
available)

I did the units web/js/libjquery by hand, from documentation.

Michael.