[Lazarus] Who is using Object Pascal in production?

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Sat Oct 28 16:52:54 CEST 2017

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Ralf Quint via Lazarus

> If you are looking into all "new" stuff, it's nothing more than turning
> into Homer Simpson ("Oh, shiny!"). You spend more time to try and stay
> atop of all the latest fads but don't get anything real done. There
> might be the one or two things that some of those new gadgets can do
> better/easier but in the long run, barely any of them is of
> significance, by any count, in a few years...

I totally agree with you. That is one of the reasons that I continue
using Object Pascal.
I work in a company but I work as a freelancer/consultor as well. I
use Object Pascal in both cases, but as I said in other email,
sometimes it is difficult choose Object Pascal to build software for
my clients because they think that it's an obsolete technology.

> I can do everything I need to do (and then some) with
> FreePascal/Lazarus. Yes, there are some areas where a bit more work is
> needed, like being able to create Android/iOS applications with Lazarus
> in the way it can be done with Delphi, or creating applications for
> macOS. Or coding for embedded stuff with AVR based boards. Something
> that IMHO should be put more focus on than adding the latest fads from
> other programming languages to the compiler, just because some people
> THINK they need this.

+1
I agree, again.

Best regards,